After almost two years of planning, we are happy to announce that Phase One of the improvements to Edith Green Park has begun. We appreciate all the input from our residents during this time. We wish to thank everyone who completed one of our surveys, joined a focus group session, or sent an email.
Phase One includes:
- Two Bocce Ball Courts. Ground was broken on September 6, and the Bocce Courts should be completed by mid-September.
- A concrete walking path. This will make it easier to access the recreational areas when the ground is wet.
- Two shelters. We previously stated that only the shelter bases would be installed this fall, but we now hope to be able to completely finish both shelters, weather permitting.
- We will also begin working on some of the landscaping required by the City of Wilsonville Planning Department.
- Benches and picnic tables will be added as the project continues.
Adding more activities to our park for all Charbonneau residents is exciting. As we complete Phase One, we will continue to evaluate and discuss other options as we make decisions on how we should proceed with Phase Two.
If you have any questions, please direct them to Kathy Harp, chair of the EG Park Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.